We provide our clients with personalized planning, and so the steps for each person will be different. However, below is generally the steps. If you ever have any questions about the process we are happy to answer them for you.
- Initial consultation. We talk on the phone or in the office about how to start the planning process and we send you the initial intake forms and engagement letter. We will discuss your goals and what you would like to happen with your estate plan.
- Fill out initial forms. You will fill out all the forms get them back to us. We prefer to have your documents drafted before we meet in person so that we make the best use of your time. However, if you have any questions or concerns and want us to walk you through the forms in person we are very happy to do that.
- Drafting. Once we have your completed forms and have received payment, we will draft your documents. We will then let you know when they are complete and will set up a time for us to meet. We will have earned the fee for the estate plan upon drafting.
- Review meeting. We will sit down and review every part of your estate plan. We will translate it to plain English for you and we will make any changes that you need to meet your goals. This meeting usually takes about 1-2 hours. We will also give you some additional estate planning information and guidance for you to review and incorporate moving forward at this meeting.
- Execution. We will meet with a notary and some witnesses (often other people who have also done their estate plan) to execute your final documents.
During the Covid crisis all meetings and signings will be done remotely.
Call us at 303-431-0415 to get your no-cost, no-obligation phone conference with an attorney and intake forms to complete.